Robert "Bob" Goldberg
CEO, National Association of Realtors
Overall Rank: 7
After his first full year in office as NAR’s CEO, Bob Goldberg’s impact on the 111-year-old organization is becoming apparent.
In August 2018, NAR held its first Real Estate Innovation, Opportunity & Investment Summit (also known as iOi) in San Francisco in August 2018. The organization has also improved communications with local Realtor associations and members in Goldberg’s tenure. For a detailed list of all NAR’s broker services, see Trend No. 6 in the 2019 Swanepoel Trends Report.
Like many companies in the industry, NAR is a large national organization that does not pivot on a dime. Goldberg’s efforts and leadership will take time to bear fruit. Time will tell how close he gets to his goals to “smash the ivory tower” and “turn the pyramid upside down.”
Goldberg also holds leadership roles in NAR’s six wholly owned subsidiaries. He is:
- - President of the Center for Specialized Realtor Education, which provides education and credentials for NAR’s designations and certifications.
- - President of Realtor University, offering an accredited master’s degree program
- - Chairman of the board for Realtors Property Resource, a comprehensive property database, analytics, and client-friendly reports for the exclusive use of NAR members
- - President and CEO for the Realtors Information Network, responsible for oversight of the realtor.com operating agreement with Move Inc.
- - President of Second Century Ventures, a strategic investment firm that focuses on startups in real estate, financial services, banking, and insurance and operates the Reach Technology Accelerator.
- - Chairman of the board for Sentrilock LLC, a leading electronic lockbox manufacturer and service provider
Goldberg is not new to NAR or the real estate industry. He has been the second most powerful executive at NAR for years and has ranked among the forty most powerful real estate leaders in the SP200 every year since 2014. A year into his reign, he is the undisputed most powerful executive in the Realtor association world. Goldberg holds a BA from the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill.
Read the extended bios of other leaders with a similar rank: